The McBride's

The McBride's

Friday, August 5, 2011

05AUG11

Alexis started First Grade today. She has been really nervous that she wasn't going to like her teacher or have any of her friends in her class. We went to meet her teacher yesterday and she seems really nice. Then we found out 3 of the kids from the neighborhood were in her class this year and she was thrilled!! She still had a little bit of a hard night. It took her a while to go to sleep, then she woke up in the middle of the night, and she was up this morning well before I went in to get her. I was just like that when I was younger. I remember being excited but also super nervous every year before school. Even with that she had no problems getting ready and only had to hug and kiss me twice before getting on the bus! I'm so excited for her and I know she's going to ROCK the first grade!
* There are a lot of pics considering it was just the first day of school. I guess it's my blog so I can do whatever I want right!? :)
**After Lexi's bus was 40 minutes late, running after other buses all over the neighbor b/c 2 friends kids got put on the wrong bus, and waiting with other friends b/c the kinder bus was an hour and a half late I was finally able to ask her how her first day went and she said it was GREAT! :) What an afternoon we've had.
All the pics of Lex Ryan needed a couple of her own right!?
Breakfast request this year was french toast. One with honey and one with strawberries and whipped cream.
This was the dress she picked. She looks so big! :) (and a little nervous!)
Warming up to the camera!Silly girl!My pretty First grader.
More Ryan getting in on the pics!
Getting ready to get on the big kid bus!

2 comments:

Cristine said...

Okay, I'm dying here. Anya picked out that SAME EXACT DRESS for her first day of 1st grade!!!! NO JOKE!!! Are they BFFs or what? Oh my gosh... I am laughing so hard! Anyway... glad she had a good day and that sucks about the bus being late. Can't believe she is in 1st grade!!!!!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

1st GRADE!! It's so fun to watch all our girls grow up at the same time. Once we're back in the military, it'll be fun to be stationed nearby, or at least close enough to visit!