The McBride's

The McBride's

Friday, September 6, 2013

05SEP13

After we hiked Koko Head we went to brunch, came home took a nap (Aw naps when you want not when kiddos are down!) woke up, went to dinner followed by a movie!  The next day we slept in (okay only till about 7:30... I believe that's a sign of being old sleeping in is getting harder and harder!) and headed out again.  Travis found out about this Island called Goat Island (no idea why it's called that?!) It's basically a mini island that you have to swim (during high tide) or walk through the water (during low tide.)  In the middle of the island is a bird sanctuary.  We hit it during low tide and walked right on over (there were only 2 other groups of people there and that was at 2 different times while we were there!) 
 
It was so beautiful and we felt like we had this whole island to ourselves.  We walked around the perimeter and took about a 100 pictures so you're welcome for narrowing it down!  After we walked around Trav wanted to go over to another section and I wanted to do my favorite beach thing, lay in the sun!!  I was a little jealous when he told me he found a seastar but he was nice enough to bring it back for me to check out too.  Ummm ya I would live here FOREVER!!!
 
 
That's the island from the shore.  It's hard to tell but when you're walking across the waves are going 3 different directions which is pretty cool if you ask me. 

Loved watching the waves hit the rocks.

This was the far side of the island. 

I loved this part.


One of the birds we saw nesting.
This was the middle of the island. The bird sanctuary.



This is the picture Trav took of me when we went exploring and I lounged.

Here is the picture I took of him.  That rocky area is where he was exporing.


And where he found the seastar!


Such a freaking awesome weekend!!  Thanks again to the Holtgrewe's for watching the kiddos!!


We finished our weekend with a trip to Giavoni's shrimp truck.  It's supposed to be the best one on the island and it was GOOD but I'm gonna have to try a few more and I'll let you know which is the favorite.  We got one of each thing they had.  Spicy, butter, and garlic, plus a garlic soaked hot dog.  My favorite was the garlic by FAR!

Great weekend with a great guy.  Here's to 70 more years together!

No comments: