The McBride's

The McBride's

Saturday, August 7, 2010

07AUG10

I'm skipping ahead... I promise I'm going to post AZ pics soon but there are SOOO many for me to go through! :) My baby started Kindergarten. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about this. I know it's what everyone says but I can not believe how fast time has gone. I know this is the way life works and one day I will be sending her to high school, taking her to get her drivers license, taking her to college, watching her get married, and all the other things that go along with watching your child get older. I told Travis when she left and as I was teary eyed and he was telling me she was going to be fine, that maybe I should homeschool her. I just want her with me all the time (okay not ALL the time but at least MOSTof the time! :) ) I am very excited for her. I think she is going to really enjoy school. Her teacher seems great. She came home and told me she already made three new friends. I am trying to think about the bright side of things like just having Ryan at home and being able to give her a little more one on one time. Ryan still takes naps so I will even get a couple hours all to myself and that's not a bad thing at all. I'm so excited for Alexis and I know she will do great in Kindergarten!


Her chosen breakfast for her first day at school!


She looks so big to me. I'm sure one day I'll go back through these pics and think about how little she is! :)


Waiting at the bus stop. She was a little nervous but when the bus came she got right on and sat right down. The bus is only for pre-k and Kindergarten and is the same bus driver as last year so I think that really helped calm her nerves.

Yay the bus is here!!!

3 comments:

Cristine said...

I know I just saw her 5 days ago, but she looks so big waiting for the bus!!!! I can't believe our little girls are going to kindergarten! The time has gone by way too fast!

(BTW... Eric is sitting next to me and got all excited. "Lexie going bus, Lexie going bus!")

Becky Clinton said...

That breakfast picture? OMGoodness! Not to panic you or anything but she looks 15!! Congratulations on the milestone.

The Grows said...

I still can't beleive she is old enough to go. Are you sure you did your math right? She is still a little Sunbeam to me. But, congrats Lex on making to the big-K.