The McBride's

The McBride's

Saturday, August 14, 2010

14AUG10

We are such a blessed family. We have such a wonderful extended family but we also have wonderful friends who we love so much. Alexis's 5th birthday was the last day of our family reunion. I wanted to have a little party while we were in AZ but I am always so busy. Theresa, being who she is, volunteered to have everyone at her house. Which is great b/c she is the closest halfway point between my in-laws and my family. Not only did she offer her house but she bought the cupcakes and the ice cream so I didn't have to "worry about it." Seriously she is so good to me and my kids. Alexis was so happy to have all her AZ friends and family over to celebrate! :)

Blowing out her candle (oh yeah Theresa got that too!)
Happy with her cupcake and princess ring!

4 of the coolest people EVER!

Woo hoo I'm FIVE!
Happy Ryan with her cake and ice cream!
PRESENTS!!
More presents!! Thank you everyone that came AND for the gifts. I swear Thank you cards are coming...
On the day of her actual birthday we drove from the reunion to El Paso (about a 4 hour drive with stops.) Cristine had already asked if she could make a cake for Lex to have since I obviously wasn't going to be able to do that. I was grateful and not only did she make the requested chocolate cake (homemade!) She also made the also requested strawberry ice cream HOMEMADE!!! So yummy. I swear that girl can cook! :) Alexis was so excited and also loved the decorations Anya made!! Lucky girl got TWO birthday parties.
Basically, this is a huge love fest to my 2 besties. My AZ bestie Theresa who I can't believe we have been friends now for TEN years and has gone through many ups and downs with me. And my Germany bestie (yes she now lives in TX but she will always be my Germany bestie.) Who has been through 3 deployments and 4 kids with me. I love you both and thank you for being the people that you are.

YEs it tasted as yummy as it looks!!!!!

Barbie Mermaid movie. This was watched FIVE yes FIVE times from the time we left El Paso till the time we arrived back in Georgia. ANd no I'm not embarassed to admit that my girls watched that much t.v. in days. We were on a road trip!! :)
HIlarious! ERic was seriously eating his cake with the serving utensil. It was jsut that good!!!

Happy Birthday girl.

Friends forever!!!

2 comments:

Cristine said...

Awwww... you love me and Theresa! But why wouldn't you? We are awesome! hahaha

So glad Lexie enjoyed her birthday cake and ice cream and I am SOOOOO happy that I was able to do that for her. I love you guys so much! Come back to El Paso anytime. Seriously... like right now! :)

The Grows said...

Nice, two b-day parties that you didn't have to do anything for. I just have to tease you cause you say you went through 4 kids with Cristine so it totally sounds like the kids were all yours. It also sounds like you are done with them, poor things.