The McBride's

The McBride's

Monday, January 10, 2011

10JAN11

Okay I know I'm from AZ. I realize if it ever snowed in the valley people would NOT know what to do and the whole valley of the sun would shut down. However, these people crack me up. Yesterday it was all over the news that this was going to be a bad storm. All non-essential personal should stay home. School was canceled.

We woke up to the lightest dusting of snow. The most snow we saw in one place was MAYBE a half an inch. It was barely even snow more like slush. The girls were thrilled but it was so wet they didn't stay out long.

We spent the morning in our p.j.'s followed by some shopping (with so many stores closed it was hilarious) and ended the day with dinner with friends. While at dinner we got another call saying school is canceled tomorrow too. It's suppossed to be freezing temps and they are worried about black ice. Trav had to go in at 9 tonight so he was sure to be at work in the morning. It's all a little too much precaution if you ask me but I do enjoy having Alexis home. My only other complaint is the add ons at the end of the school year but we'll just enjoy our time home.




See I'm not making it up there was barely ANY snow and this was first thing in the morning! :)


It WAS cold for sure. Warming up with hot chocolate and a movie after playing in the slush oh I mean snow! :)

4 comments:

Cristine said...

Hahahaha... if this was Baumholder we wouldn't even have a "be careful driving" warning!!! But, it is nice to have extra family time! Be safe in all that snow, Monica!!!! :)

gilchrist said...

Who knew it actually snowed in Georgia? Wow, can't wait to enjoy the "snow" next winter. :)

The Mortensens said...

That is too funny!

The Grows said...

Love it!!!! I am glad that you guys got to enjoy your snow day together even if it was a little un needed.