The McBride's

The McBride's

Saturday, January 26, 2013

26JAN13

My mom texted me the other day and said I should look at an old blog post from 2008.  This one to be exact http://www.mcbridefamily72402.blogspot.com/2008/09/29sep08.html  If you look way toward the bottom of the post it talks about my dream vacations.  2 of them I had already been on and then I said I would also love to go to HI.  We are so beyond blessed to have gotten to live where we have gotten to live and see what we have gotten to see.  We have been in Hawaii a little over a month and I am not even CLOSE to not feeling like I need to pinch myself everyday!  The kids are absolutely loving everything about it and Travis though not a beach person is loving all the hiking and other outdoor activities.  These are a few random pictures of our first couple of weeks on the island!
 
 
I guess I should start with our plane ride over.  The kids were all fabulous!!  David slept most of the flight and Lexi and Ryan were so content with their activites.  We had the whole row to ourselves which was really nice!  This picture is so classic.  Lexi choosing the kindle over a movie!

Travis was waiting for us at the airport with our lei's!  The girls thought it was great!  He's pretty wonderful!

First date with the Holtgrewe's SOOO happy to be back together!

FYI they actually have 2 couches but they are always sitting all together on this one!

Waimea Bay (on the North Shore)  first beach we went to!  Lex and Ryan even had to borrow Anya's swimsuits!!  So thankful The Holtgrewe's were here b/c they helped us out a TON!!!
 
First shave ice!  YUM!!!!

We were in the hotel for 2 weeks.  Exactly 1.5 weeks too long!  We had some BORING days!  Thankful Travis went ahead of us and we didn't have to wait as long as some for a house!

Ko Olina Lagoons! 

We've adopted a term from the great Emily Wavy Wednesday.  The kids get out of school at 1:15 on Wednesdays so those are official beach afternoons on school weeks!  (not that we don't also go other days but at LEAST every Wednesday!) 
 
 
My first double rainbow now I've seen tons.  They are still so beautiful to me!  It's hard to see the second one it's to the left of the brighter one.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

OH MY GOSH! I love that the blog was because of ME :) hahahaa! I am so jealous that you are in Hawaii... ugh we wont find out for a few more months!