The McBride's

The McBride's

Thursday, October 31, 2013

30OCT13

This was the most emotional race I have done.  This wasn't a race for time or to say look what I did or how far I ran.  In fact this race had nothing to do with me.  To say I am a military supporter would be an understatement.  I am so proud to be an American.  I'm proud of all the men and women who have served and those who have died for my freedom will not be forgotten by me.  The Fisher House did a rememberance run for all military men and women who have been killed since September 11.  Over 6,000.  It was awesome to see so many people out running or walking just to remember them.  I know it's not much but it felt like a great thing to do. 
 
They lined the route with a boot and a picture of each solder that was killed.  They were pretty close together and it was 5 miles. That puts it into perspective.   I did spend quite a bit of time looking for one name in particular. Doug DiCenzo was Travis's favorite commander and his wife and son are 2 of my favoritest people.  When I think of someone who has gone through some trials and come through with incredible strength and grace I think of Nic.  So while I ran this for all soldiers I was thinking very specifically of one and the awesome family he left behind.  Shameless plug Nic wrote a book about her experience and seriously it is wonderful please check it out!You can get it here.
 
Never forget.
 
Ya a full rainbow. Perfect.




 


No comments: