The McBride's

The McBride's

Friday, February 6, 2015

06FEB15

I finally got to go on a field trip with my beautiful sweet oldest daughter!  It didn't sound all that exciting when I heard we were going to a Taro Farm but it turned out to be SOOO interesting and FUN!  I am so glad I was able to go and spend the whole day with Alexis and her friends!

Bus Selfie!

First they learned all about the Taro Plant and what they do with it.  Did you know you can do anything with Taro that you do with potatoes?  Most of the time you only hear about Poi which I do NOT care for but trying this fresh taro made me realize it's good I just don't care for the poi... First they boiled it then they used a shell to skin it.

Then they got to mash it down and try it (it really tasted pretty good!)
This was made from real lava rock!  How cool is that??

They got to make bracelets from the leaves of the plant.

After that they went out to where the plants were and loosen the mud by walking all around where they plants grow. 


Some of the plants they pulled!

They finished up by cleaning up in the pond, changing, and having some lunch followed up by a little singing along with the Uke!   Have I mentioned how lucky we are to live here??? 

No comments: