The McBride's

The McBride's

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

18FEB15

Ah Army life.  Trav left for his fourth year long deployment and it sucked.  Like they always do...  People ask if it gets easier or harder or better or... Truth is it's just different.  Each time Trav has deployed we've added another kid so it's gotten busier for sure.  I've been blessed by wonderful support systems (although even what those look like changes...)  every time he's left.  He likes what he's doing while he's gone and that makes it that much easier because everyone wants their spouse to enjoy what they're doing. 
 
This deployment may have passed by a little quicker than the past 3 and I think there are a few reasons for that... 1. We were in Hawaii (I know we were in Germany before and I LOVED Germany but I love to be warm and on a beach so very much) 2. More kids means not a lot of down time which means weeks pass quickly.  3. Older kids means even more activities on top of school, homework, etc. 4. It was the fourth time we've done this and it had probably the best communication we've ever had.  We talked (Skyped) USUALLY every other day at least.  Travis knew what was going on at home while it happened and that made it much easier on me to have him to still bounce stuff off of (not sure if that was easier on him but...)  5. This is going to sound selfish but I took time to take care of myself with running... I still raced (a few with the kids but more by myself.)  I know it sounds lame but working out was great for me.  I had my own goals not just goals for the kids...  There are a lot more reasons some are personal some just aren't necessary to write down but although the time went by a little faster this time I could not wait to start counting down days of when this handsome soldier of mine would be home.  (Such a long countdown it was because it took him almost 2 weeks from the time he left his post in Afghanistan till he arrived in Hawaii!  Hurry up and Wait...)  Finally it was time to get us all dolled up and head to the airport and it was such a fantastic (different than ever before) homecoming!!! 
 
Let the month long vacation begin!!
 


No comments: