The McBride's

The McBride's

Thursday, January 30, 2014

30JAN14

Hey did you all know that I love running?  And especially racing?  Let me remind you.  HAHA!  I really wanted to do a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot so finding one along the beach at North Shore was perfect!  I was really hoping to get my first under 30 minute 5k but turns out this was a trail run for about a mile of it and we were running on roots and sand.  Not easy.  Still I had my best time yet for a 5k with 30:48 and I'm still going for my under 30!  We made it home in plenty of time to get some cooking and eating done for Thanksgiving! 
 
 
 
Brooke, Me, Ashley, and Lindsay before the race!  Not a bad starting point huh?

These guys were AWESOME!!  Loved their costumes!

Completed!

They handed out Turkey Legs for our "medals" FUN right??

This was my last race of 2013 with plenty on the calendar for 2014.  My first year of running I completed 8 races including 2 5k's, 2 fun run 5 k's, 2 8k's, 1 10k, and 1 Half Marathon.  It was a good year!!

No comments: