The McBride's

The McBride's

Saturday, August 10, 2013

09AUG13

It's been a while since I dressed my kids in matching clothes and took random pictures so I didn't want you all to think that I didn't like doing it anymore because that's just not true!!  On a side note David's shirt was picked by Alexis.  At first I didn't like it at all but it's grown on me. A lot! 
 
In our new ward they have a 4th of July tradition where the kids decorate their bikes, scooters and/or themselves and do a little parade for all the grown ups.  Then they have a big breakfast.  I think it's a super cute idea and can't wait to do it again next year.  The girls STILL have the decoraions on their scooter and are very proud of being in their own parade.  I also loved that when the food sign up sheet went around church the options were : eggs, cut up fruit, and breakfast meats (bacon, SPAM, little smokies) HAHA!  I love Hawaii and their love of Spam (which none of my kids will eat.)
 
That night we had the Holtgrewe's over for a BBQ, games, and later we walked about a half mile from our house to a park and watched some fireworks from a distance.  No crowds, no traffic.  It may be a new tradition for us!  It was a great night.  Happy Independence Day!
 







No comments: