The McBride's

The McBride's

Monday, August 26, 2013

26AUG13

Well I guess I'm continuing the selfish streak and posting about my first 8k (5 miles.)  This race was the second race in what they called the Tropical Triple Crown (the first was the half marathon Cristine and I did.)  I thought it would be so much fun to do all 3!  This one was called the Coconut Chase 8k and you were encouraged to wear your coconut bras and grass skirts.  That just does not sound comfortable to me so I just went with my normal running clothes but it was fun to see others dressed up!
 
I went with Lindsay and Brooke and we met up with one of Lindsay's friends from a past duty station.  It was different to not run with Cristine BUT I got into my groove pretty quickly and the beautiful ocean views didn't hurt.  My first mile was pretty slow trying to weave in and out of people (about an 11:15 minute pace) but after that I was able to get up to the pace I wanted.  I love the atmosphere of these races and it really keeps me so motivated!!  My time was 53:36 which I was thrilled with!  I am always looking forward to my next race.
 
 
 
Audrina, Lindsay, me, Brooke before the race!

Complete!

In our awesome shirts ready to eat some IHOP! :)



No comments: