The McBride's

The McBride's

Sunday, December 14, 2014

14DEC14

The Susan G Komen is probably one of the most well known runs for a great cause around.  I've wanted to do this run for YEARS but have never seemed to make it. It almost happened again due to a hurricane threat but they decided to move it a couple weeks later and thankfully I was still able to go!  I've wanted to run it for Theresa (and her mom) and it finally worked out.  Ashley is a big supporter of this cause because of breast cancer in her family as well so when she asked me to do it, it was a no brainer.  It was a perfect day and I will say seeing a sea of pink shirts that the survivors wore made for an emotional start to our run.  Once we took off running I knew I was feeling great.  Ashley (who is a faster runner than me) said she was going to stay with me and it was the perfect motivation for me to get my best 5k time yet.  It was a beautiful morning for a run for a wonderful cause. 
 
 
Connie is Theresa's mom and since Theresa couldn't do the race this year she asked if I would also do it for her second mom Lynn who I also knew and was a wonderful lady! 


Ready to go!

I am super proud of this run considering at the beginning of the year I was still trying to just get under 30 minutes now I'm under 28! 

No comments: