The McBride's

The McBride's

Sunday, December 14, 2014

14DEC14

I did this same Turkey Trot last year and I honestly did not like it.  It had trail running and a little on the sand which I don't love.  It's hard.  Road running is defintely more my thing but I really wanted to do it again to a) beat my time and b) run a race on Thanksgiving of course.  Well, turns out they changed the course.  It had even MORE beach running.  Seriously running on the sand is hard.  Really hard.  I don't like it at all.  Having said that I ran my heart out and I did beat my time from last year.  I was very happy considering it was defintely harder.  Not only that but I finished 10th in my age group (there were less than 300 runners.)  Yes that will never happen again but just seeing that number 10 made my day!  We also loved our turkey leg medals at the end once again.  Also shout out to Ashley who finished SECOND in our age group!!  She's a speedy one!
 



No comments: